The Word of God holds the answers to all of our questions. But we must first be saved or ‘born again’ as scripture says so the Holy Spirit can show us His truths and then we must study it so we can apply it to our lives. That requires seeking God… How are you doing in seeking God this morning? Listen to why our world thinks the word of God is not relevant for today.
I Cor 2:14 “The natural (unsaved) person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.”
Romans 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”
– Troubles and trails will push you from God or troubles and trials will push you to God!
So, where do you go when trouble and trials enter your life? As with all areas of our lives the Word of God has the wisdom and exhortation needed to keep us on the path that our Lord would have us to take during those times.
– Where do you turn when the doctor says; “I have bad news!”?
– Where do you turn when your spouse says; “This just isn’t working!”?
– Where do you turn when your company says; “We must downsize!”?
– Where do you turn when your children make bad choices?
– Where do you turn when a loved one is taken home to heaven?
– Where do you turn when your phobia kicks in?
– Where do you turn when………?
– Do you turn to God?
Mat 6:33A “But seek you first the Kingdom of God…”
Many times we allow troubles to actually push us away from God when in reality He is our only source of truth and peace. We turn to the solutions this world provides. Do you accept the fact that your plans and solutions are very likely flawed? A counselor is good if they are presenting God’s solutions vs the world’s.
Psalms 1:1,2 “Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the [a]ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
And in His law he [b]meditates day and night.”
Isaiah 55:8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.”
– Do you stop praying? Seeking God is our only real and lasting solution to troubles. 1 Thes. 5:17 “Pray without ceasing.”
– Do you stop fellowshipping?
Heb 10:25a “Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together…”
– Do you turn inward, shutdown and stop ministering???
Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not unto your own
– Troubles and trails will push you from God or troubles and trials will push you to God! But only if you look at them with God’s eyes. And that can only be found in one book.
2 Timothy 3:16,17 “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for [c]instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
The choice is always mine to make. There are many examples in scripture of where and how to turn during those times of troubles and trials. A couple of responses found in scripture during times of trouble
Note the response was acceptable enough to God that the Holy Spirit chose to record it as His direction to us in His Scriptures.
Paul by way of the Holy Spirit said…
Phil. 3:13 “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before”
Phil. 1:21 “For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.”
Live for Jesus today…………….