JESUS, THE GREAT ‘I AM’…
In our world today, there are many religions with some being among the largest in our world that do not believe that Jesus is Who He is and proclaimed to be. Many believe that Jesus was a great man and even a great Prophet but not God.
To find the truth we need only to listen to Jesus Himself and understand where He is today. It comes down to faith and we know without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb 11:6). Most importantly do not listen to what any man teaches, or religion, if the teaching differs from scripture. If you believe the Bible to be from God (2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:21-22) and protected down through the ages (Mat 5:18) so that mankind cannot change it then listen to God. As John 8:32 says; ‘you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.”
In every chapter of the Gospel of John the Apostle, Jesus as One part of God is proclaimed. In John He is given the title of ‘the Word’, the ‘One and Only’, the ‘Lamb of God’, the ‘Son of God’, the ‘True Bread’, the ‘Life’, the ‘Resurrection’ and the ‘Vine’. Jesus proclaims His preexistence and His eternal deity. The following are just a few of the places in the Bible showing that Jesus is God and the great ‘I Am’.
- John 1:1-5 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.”
- John 6:35 “And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never ”
- John 8:12 “Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”
- John 9:5b “…I am the light of the world”
- John 10:7 “Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.”
- John 10:11 ““I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.”
- John 10:14-15 “I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.”
- John 11:25-26 “Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
- John 14:6 “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.”
- John 15:5-6 ““I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned.”
- Hebrews 10:12 “But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God”
- Hebrews 12:2 “looking unto Jesus, the]author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God”
John the Baptist not John the Apostle was sent to earth to proclaim the coming of God the Son as our Savior. While we are not John the Baptist, we do have a similar ministry (Mat 28:18-20) to proclaim the Gospel and that Jesus is coming again.
- John 1:22-23 “Then they said to him, “Who are you, that we may give an answer to those who sent us? What do you say about yourself?” He said: “I am ‘The voice of one crying in the wilderness:
“Make straight the way of the Lord,”’ as the prophet Isaiah
The most important fact proclaiming Jesus to be God is that He is no longer in the grave as He would be if He were a mere human. HE ROSE FROM THE GRAVE and today is at God the Fathers right hand making intercession for the sinners we are. If Jesus were just a great man or a Prophet His body would still be in the grave.
- 1 Corinthians 15:13-14, 17 “But if there is no resurrection of the dead, then Christ is not risen. And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. And if Christ is not risen, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins!”
- Acts 4:12 “Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”
JESUS IS GOD, ARE YOU READY IF HE WERE TO COME BACK TODAY?
- 1 John 2:28 “And now, little children, abide in Him, that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming.”