Tips for Daily Living in the New Year….
If you want to get the most out of today, try these things:
- Focus on your responsibilities, not your rights. It’s an imperfect world and you won’t always be treated fairly. If you want to go far, travel light. Unload your resentments! Scripture says, “. . . you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things that are true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious – the best, not the worst . . . “(Phil 4:8)
- Associate with positive people. The only difference in what you are now and what you’ll be five years from now is the books you read, the company you keep and most importantly the God you serve. Henry Ford once said, “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.”
What do your friends bring out in you? Solomon said, “He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.” (Mat 6:33, Prov 13:20)
- Make today the best day of your life. When Shirley Temple asked her mother what the happiest moment in her life was, she replied, “Right now.” “But what about the day you were married?”
Shirley asked. Her mum said, “My happiest moment then was then, but my happiest moment now is now. You see, you can live only in the moment you’re in, so to me that’s the happiest moment.” Lasting happiness and contentment comes when you know Jesus as Lord and Savior! So be content and happy! (Phil 4:11, Isa 52:7)
- Present yourself to God’s service. It is the one priority in life with eternal meaning that pleases God. He desires it and I need it. Rom 12:1, 2
“I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice…” & Heb 12:1, 2 “Looking unto Jesus the author and Finisher of our faith…”
- Start each day by reading, praying and meditating on Gods truths for your life. 2 Tim. 2:15 “Study to show yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
So, “How are your morning devotions”?
- The best daily tip of all is; seek out the One Who made you, loves you and sent His only begotten Son to restore you…..
(John 3:16, I John 5:11-13)
What great priorities! If His mercies are “new every morning,” (Lam 3:23) and He “daily loadeth us with benefits” (Ps 68:19), then you should get up every day and announce, “This is the day the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalm 118:24)
And of course scripture has many more tips for daily living.
If we put #5 into action those tips will reveal themselves.