Are Angels for real…
In our world today the concept of what and who are God’s angels is vastly misrepresented. We see them as fluffy little beings that our world creates figurines of to place on our bookshelves but scripture tells us a very different story. That is not surprising because satan is the god of this world for a moment in time and he actively seeks to distort God’s truths. Angels and their purpose from God is one of those truths. Fortunately, God’s truths are absolute and never change so we go to His word to find out about angels and God’s purpose for them. As we research Angels in scripture we see them always worshiping our God and we see them as protectors for ‘born again’ believers and warriors for God. Vastly different images than portrayed by our world.
There is a spiritual war going on all around us that is not visible and not seen as real by our world. It is the war between light and darkness or good and evil and everyone is in one camp or the other. There is no middle ground. Satan is the prince of darkness and evil and actively fights against the light. We are to be warriors actively being salt and light and exposing sin in our world. To aid us in the fight God sends His angels as protectors.
One of the best examples I’ve heard is when a man approached Pastor John Hagee while he was preaching. The man walked up the podium and stood 8 foot away from Pastor Hagee with a revolver loaded with 8 bullets. He emptied the gun at Pastor Hagee from 8 foot away. 4 bullets went to the left of him and 4 to the right of him. Pastor Hagee gives the testimony that God had his angel steer those bullets. So there is no misinterpretation while our guardian angel can also do that there are times when it is God’s will to allow martyrdom for some of His children as they lift up His name. According to scripture many will die and are dying for the faith. We must always be open to God’s will for our lives understanding that His ways and thoughts are different than our ways and thoughts (Isa 55:8). Jesus gave the most powerful example when just before the crucifixion while He was in the garden He said;
Mat 26:42 Again, a second time, He went away and prayed, saying, “O My Father, if this cup cannot pass away from Me unless I drink it, Your will be done.”
Pastor Hagee’s experience reminds and encourages us that no one and no event can harm us without God’s allowing it. Our life while on this earth is to be;
Mat 5:13-16″You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.
The following are some biblical examples of angels;
- Psalm 91:11 God gives His angels charge over us or sends them as protectors. There is not better health plan than that!
- Daniel 6:22 God’s angels shut the mouths of the lions to protect Daniel and He can do the same today.
- Daniel 12:1 Michael the arch angel will have the task of tossing satan out of heaven. Angels are warriors’ not fluffy little creatures.
- Luke 1:26-35 An angel was sent to Mary to help her to be not afraid and to understand what a great blessing to our world God was doing.
- Revelation 1:1 God sent an Angel to tell John what will happen to our world during the tribulation period and what to record so we have God’s truths.
- Acts 27:21-25 An Angel appeared to Paul and told him not to be afraid of the storm that threatened his life and lives of those aboard the boat he was on while being sent to a Roman prison where he was appointed by God to be a witness for Him.
- I Chron 21:15 God sent one of His angels to destroy Jerusalem and stopped the angel from totally doing so. It was as a judgement because of the unfaithfulness of God’s people. One angel is as strong as an army.
Nothing can touch us without God’s allowing or designing it to. There is so much more in scripture about how God uses angels. Look them up for yourself and be blessed.
I John 4:4 “You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.”
CAUTION! All Honor and Praise must always go to God and never any man, woman, angel or any other object. The angels also provide that reminder.
Rev 22:8, 9 “Now I, John, saw and heard these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel who showed me these things. 9 Then he said to me, “See that you do not do that. For I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren the prophets, and of those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.”