Good and Bad Angels….
Recently as we were doing our morning devotions we came across a great description of angels. As I thought about how our world portrays them today it struck me how much different real angels truly are. If you think about how our world pictures them you have images of fluffy little creatures that can be our pets or as cute little figurines on display in our living rooms and many other descriptions not found when you study actual angels in the one book that holds truth, the Bible. For you see our world thinks the truths of God are foolishness. We must see everything around us both visible and invisible as God sees them to truly understand.
I Cor 2:14 “But the natural man (unsaved) does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”
Our study Bible provided the following examples of Angels. For more on angels do some studying by looking up the word angel in your Bible and where and how it is used in scripture. Notice the reactions most of the time when angels appeared. People were afraid of them because of their powerful structure and presence. The following are only a few of the verses found on angels.
- There are both good and bad angels;
- Rev 12:7
- Because bad angels are allied with satan they have considerably less power and authority than good angels.
- God sent angels to help certain people so they could understand the significance of what was happening to them.
- Mat 2:13, Luke 1:11,26 Luke 2:9
- Angels are spiritual beings created by God who help carry out His work on earth. They bring God’s messages to people;
- Luke 1:26, Gen 19:1
- They protect God’s people;
- Daniel 6:22
- Offer encouragement;
- Gen 16:7
- Give guidance;
- Numbers 22:32, Exodus 14:19
- Carry out punishment;
- 2 Sam 24:16, Rev 7:1
- Patrol the earth;
- Zech 1:9-14
- Fight the forces of evil;
- 2 Kings 6:16-18, Rev 20:1,2
- Eventually the main role of angels will be to offer continuous praise to God;
- Rev 7:11,12
Remember these are but a few passages in scripture describing angelic beings and their purpose in the lives of mankind. The most important thing to remember is that we must weigh all earthly teachings with God’s word as our source of authority. If you feel God has provided an angel that has ministered to you remember to give the praise to the One who sent the helper!
John 8:32 “And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”