Proverbs 17:22a “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine…”
Church Bulletins with Humor for your day!
Thank you Lord for humor and the ability to laugh. These sentences actually appeared in church bulletins or were announced in church services:
- The pastor would appreciate it if the ladies of the congregation
would lend him their electric girdles for the pancake breakfast next Sunday.
- Announcement in a church bulletin for a national PRAYER & FASTING
Conference: “The cost for attending the Fasting & Prayer Conference
- The sermon this morning: “Jesus walks on the Water.” The sermon
tonight: “Searching for Jesus.”
- Low Self Esteem Support Group will meet Thursday at 7 PM. Please
use the back door.
- “Ladies, don’t forget the rummage sale. It’s a chance to get rid of
those things not worth keeping around the house. Don’t forget your
- The peacemaking meeting scheduled for today has been cancelled due
to a conflict.
- The eighth-graders will be presenting Shakespeare’s Hamlet in the
Church basement Friday at 7 PM. The congregation is invited to attend
- Don’t let worry kill you off – let the Church help.
- Miss Charlene Mason sang “I will not pass this way again,” giving
obvious pleasure to the congregation.
- For those of you who have children and don’t know it, we have a
- Next Thursday there will be tryouts for the choir. They need all
the help they can get.
- Barbara remains in the hospital and needs blood donors for more
transfusions. She is also having trouble sleeping and requests tapes of
Pastor Jack’s sermons.
- The Rector will preach his farewell message after which the choir
will sing: “Break Forth into Joy.”
- Irving Benson and Jessie Carter were married on October 24th in the
church. So ends a friendship that began in their school days.
- A bean supper will be held on Tuesday evening in the church hall.
Music will follow.
- At the evening service tonight, the sermon topic will be “What Is
Hell?” Come early and listen to our choir practice.
- Eight new choir robes are currently needed due to the addition of
several new members and to the deterioration of some older ones.
- Scouts are saving aluminum cans, bottles and other items to be
recycled. Proceeds will be used to cripple children.
- Weight Watchers will meet at 7 PM at the First Presbyterian Church.
Please use large double door at the side entrance.
- Attend and you will hear an excellent speaker and heave a healthy
- The church will host an evening of fine dining, superb entertainment
and gracious hostility.
- Potluck supper Sunday at 5:00 PM – prayer and medication to follow.
Proverbs 17:22a “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a
broken spirit drieth the bones.