James 2:17 “Faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, it is dead.”
THE RISK TAKERS CREED
- To laugh is to risk appearing the fool.
- To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
- To reach out for another is to risk involvement.
- To expose feeling is to risk exposing your true self.
- To place your ideas, your dreams before the crowd, is to risk their loss.
- To love is to risk not being loved in return.
- To live is to risk dying.
- To hope is to risk despair.
- To try is to risk failure.
But risks must be taken, because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.
The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, and is nothing. He or she
may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he/she simply cannot learn, feel, change, grow, love… live.
Chained by his or her attitudes, he or she is a slave, He or she forfeited freedom, and only a person who risks is free!!!
So how about taking a risk today?
Romans 12:1-2 ” I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”